So, it’s no secret that dating is much harder and more stressful than it used to be. I know this from my own experiences with dating. Trust me. However, dating should not be as stressful and as difficult as it is.
Dating should be fun!
Seriously. Dating allows you to meet new people and figure out who + what you want/don’t want. It’s great. So, with that being said, here are a few dating tips I have come up with that have improved my love life immensely —
be intentional and NOT habitual
- do not download dating apps just because you are bored
- date + use dating apps when you are truly wanting to date and potentially enter into a relationship
- if you use dating apps, do not swipe right just to swipe right
- read the person’s dating profile and swipe right if what you see aligns with who you are and who you want to date
- be sure to use the dating app hinge (my favorite)
be honest with yourself (and your dates)
- if you are not feeling the date or the person, be honest with yourself enough to honestly (and nicely) let them know; nobody likes to be ghosted (click to read my post on how I got ghosted by a “friend” of mine).
- be honest with your intentions; don’t tell someone you want a casual relationship (when you really do want. a serious relationship with the right person) just because their profile says they are not wanting anything serious
don’t say yes when you want to say no
- If you want to leave, leave
- If you do not want to try something, nicely say “no” without explaining yourself
- if they make you uncomfortable, leave without feeling bad and without explaining yourself
figure out what you really wany in a partner and stick to that
- take time to figure out what you want in a partner
- What personality traits do you like? What personality traits do you dislike?
- What morals and values does your ideal partner have?
- What are some dealbreakers? Why?
- How tall would you ideally want your partner to be? What do they look like?
- What turns you on? Why?
- What turns you off? Why?
- What religion are they? What are their political views?
- What are their hobbies?
- What are you not willing to compromise on? Why?
- What are the dealbreakers?
- understand and that you have a right to be picky and selective
be ok with dating around
- accept the fact that dating around does not make somebody a sl*t (ugh, I hate that word and all words similar to it)
- dating around allows you to keep your options open
- you can better weed out the people you do not see yourself continuing to see/date
- It’s (super) hurtful, rude, emotionally immature, and mean
- ghosting prevents you from having to deal with the real world (i.e confrontation, letting people down, etc.)
- the other person wonders what the heck they did wrong and they do not deserve that
And… those are my dating tips!
Being honest with yourself and with others is the best way to ensure that your dating life is not stressful and/or depressing. Knowing who you are and what you want is KEY. So, before you even date, take some time to figure out who you are as a person. Trust me — it works!
sharing is caring! share this post on pinterest using the two pinnable pins above xx
How do you approach dating? Have any tips to successfully dating? Let’s talk about it in the comment section below!
Thanks for reading and love to you all. Also, happy dating 🤗 🤗