this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link to a product that I have recommended, there is a chance that I may earn a commission, at no cost to you, from your click or purchase! if you would like to read more, my policies are here. thanks!
So, as you know — I LAUNCHED MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL on January 1, 2020 and I am so proud of myself. I seriously am. I never realized how much fun I would have filming my life and putting it on a platform for millions and millions of people to see. With that being said…
to start a YouTube channel and become a youtuber, there are certain things you will NEED to have.
I am going to give you all a list of the basic things you will want to buy and invest in before you start your YouTube channel so that you can be sure it’s a success 🤩 —
- google account | here (it’s free, of course!)
- a unique, clever, and/or professional channel name
- a channel header | you can design one in Canva (free) OR buy one off of Fiverr or Etsy
- a quality vlogging camera | I use my Sony DSCHX80 (great starter camera for vloggers) and just purchased a Canon EOS RP
- quality phone | I also use my iPhone X
- various size tripods | I use/have various tripods so I recommend getting a few
- selfie stick | amazon has great options!
- floor ring light | I use a ring light similar to this one
- editing software | I use iMovie and will *soon* be purchasing Final Cut Pro
- a quality microphone | I use + love my blue yeti
- access to a graphic designing website (for thumbnail designs and more) | I use Canva
- access to royalty-free music | check out YouTube, itself, and SoundCloud for starters
- access to free sound effects | anywhere on the internet 🙂
And THAT is what you’ll need to start a QUALITY YouTube channel!
Do you have a YT Channel? If so, drop the links below so I can check it out. If not, tell me whatcha wanna see on my channel!
Thanks for reading! I love you all xx