this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link to a product that I have recommended, there is a chance that I may earn a commission, at no cost to you, from your click or purchase! if you would like to read more, my policies are here. thanks!
I talked briefly about why I started my blog on my ‘about me’ page, but another big reason for me putting so much time, work, and effort into my blog is because I want to be able to connect with my readers. To be able to connect with my readers and impact them is so rewarding and it means the world to me. With that being said, I want all of you to get to know me even a bit better!
So, now is the time to be even more nosy about my me and my life!
I live in…
St. Louis, Missouri.
I am super bad at…
math! From like kindergarten to the end of high school, I had a tutor to help me with math and even then, I still never fully understood any of what I was learning. I could get taught a concept 100 times and still not get it, no matter how much she (my tutor) simplified things for me. Honestly, math has like scarred me for life, so much so that I avoid math like the plague!
I have a lot of…
tattoos! I absolutely love tattoos and the ones that I have. All of mine are smaller and are in places that are easily concealed or hidden from the general public. I did this because I knew I wanted tattoos, but I also knew that I wanted to work in a professional setting someday and that I didn’t want to have obnoxiously large tattoos that would prevent me from being taken seriously. And while I know a lot of professionals with visibly large tattoos that do very well in the career, I personally made the decision to get smaller ones! And I love them so much that I do plan to get more.
My height is…
I used to avoid wearing crop tops and bikinis because I was ashamed of my…
hernia. Up until a few years ago, I had a bellybutton, but it was so small and barely visible. I never wanted to go swimming and if I did, it was out of reluctance. And as I got into high school, I would go to parties with my friends and they’d all be wearing crop tops and I would still be dressed cute, but I was jealous that they had a cute (and visible) belly button and that I didn’t really have one. So one day, I asked my mom if I could get my belly button’ pierced and she finally said yes. So I went to the guy who gave me my first tattoo and he agreed to try his best, since there wasn’t much skin to pinch enough to pierce. However, if there’s a will, there’s a way! He managed to give me a piercing and ever since then, I am no longer insecure about my tummy!
I only paint my nails in shades of…
light pink, black, or periwinkle. I dunno why I do this, but I guess I’m just really picky about how my nails look.
I absolutely love…
wine (+ dislike beer, though I tried so hard to get myself to like it, lol).
Not only do I dislike (and suck at) math, but I also really dislike…
I am a true lover of…
‘true crime’ and am subscribed to numerous true crime podcasts and YouTubers, such as —
- True Crime Garage (podcast) | check them out here
- Sword + Scale (podcast) | check him out here
- Gray Hughes (youtube) | check him out here
- Stephanie Harlowe (youtube) | check her out here
- LordanARTS (youtube) | check him out here
- True Crime Brewery (youtube + podcast) | check out their podcast here + their youtube channel here
podcasts I used to listen to —
- Minds of Madness | here
- 48 Hours | here
- Someone Knows Something | here
- Up & Vanished | here
- Missing Maura Murray | here
- The Mind of a Murderer | here
- Oxygen’s Unspeakable Crime: The Killing of Jessica Chambers | here
When I find a Netflix series, which is rare these days since I’m so busy with blogging and networking, that I love, I…
binge-watch it and finish it super fast. Such as…
- The Office
- Gilmore Girls
- Seven Seconds
- Gossip Girl
- Pretty Little Liars
- The Fosters
- Criminal Minds
- Law + Order
- That 70’s Show
- True Detectives (on HBO, though)
- Blue Bloods
I have the apps on my iPhone categorized into folders that are…
labeled by/with “action words,” like —
- “shop” for my favorite clothing stores
- “edit” for my picture editing apps and filters
- “do” for my calendar, my planning apps, and my to-do list apps
- “furnish” for my home decor apps
- “socialize” for all of my social media apps
- “learn” for my news apps
- “exercise” for my fitness apps
- “read” for all of my blogs + other publications (like Brit + Co)
I am a (not really, but kind of) closeted fangirl and a total nerd when it comes to…
Harry Potter. I’m a Gryffindor, what are you? 😉
My favorite movies are…
- 12 Angry Men | get the movie here
- Hairspray | get the movie here
- To Kill a Mockingbird | get the movie here
- another fun fact — I was in my high school’s rendition of TKAM about 4 years ago! I also love plays + musicals :-)
- Meet Me in St. Louis | get the movie here
- The Blind Side | get the movie here
- I love, love, love Sandra Bullock
My favorite books are…
- The Confession | get the book here!
- The Help | get the book here!
- Before the Fall | get the book here!
- To Kill a Mockingbird | get the book here!
- Becoming | get the book here!
- Black Like Me | get the book here!
- my dad kept his version of the book from high school and though it’s a little worn due to being so old, it’s super cool that we still have it and that it’s still mostly intact. old books are super cool to me!
- You Are a Badass | get the book here!
- Year of Yes | get the book here!
When I move out on my own, the first thing I’m going to buy, is…
a golden retriever pup!
If I could go back in time, I would go back to…
The 70’s 😍 In fact, I wish I could go back to Woodstock. Though Lolla and Coachella exist, I don’t think there will ever be anything quite as epic as Woodstock, itself. What a time to be alive back then!
My birthday is…
september, 3! #teamvirgo ♍️
I really, really like…
I absolutely love…
dogs! Especially my pup, Cody!
When I was younger…
I was obsessed with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series and would highlight things in the book that made me laugh and would re-read them whenever I was sad, bored, mad, etc.
My celebrity male crushes are…
- Zac Efron
- Matthew McConaughey
- David Beckham
- Leo DiCaprio
- Cole and Dylan Sprouse
- Liam Hemsworth
- Ryan Gosling
- Marlon Brando
- Channing Tatum
- Jesse McCartney
- Beautiful Soul will always be my go-to karaoke song!
- Michael B Jordon
- Trey Songz
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Alex Pettyfer
- John Mulaney
- just to name a few… 😉
If I could meet anybody it would be…
John Lennon; what a peaceful and pure soul.
My favorite ice cream flavor is…
birthday cake! 😋😋😋 recipe post coming soon, too!
Something that I like to do that my parents don’t approve of, is…
urban exploring! I absolutely love it. One thing I love about St. Louis is that it has so, so, so many abandoned buildings. And while it makes me sad to see these beautifully built buildings go to waste, as they sit there and rot, I find them so interesting. And it’s honestly more than a hobby of mine. In fact, I research the buildings before I go exploring (and I never go alone). I find out as much information as I can, which makes exploring so much more interesting. To walk the hallways and enter the classrooms that were once filled with students is so surreal. And while I don’t only explore schools, they’ve been my favorite buildings to explore, because a lot of them still have textbooks, school supplies, and desks in the classrooms, which make for awesome pics!
My favorite emojis are…
🧿 🥰 💕🍋🌞🌵🐶 😋
My first concert was…
Demi Lovato. I saw her live back in like 5th grade and it was honestly amazing. I have a lot of love and respect for Demi and she’s become one of my role models. I love how transparent she is about her struggles and how open she has been with her journey to becoming her true self. I have struggled with my self-image and my body and so it’s a bit comforting to have someone like Demi to relate to, you know?
I have worn glasses since…
And…that’s a wrap!
I hope this post allowed you all to get to know me even a bit more! As always, love to you all.