So, ever since last year (2018), I made a promise to myself that I would make sure that 2019 and years to come would be my best years. And while my life is far from perfect, I have done things to improve it and I have been oh so happy with my progress! That said, one thing I have made sure to do is…
form my very own ‘dream team’
Yup, that’s right — my own dream team. You’re probably wondering what the heck I mean by ‘dream team,’ so please allow me to explain. What I mean when I say that is that I have personally sought out strong women in different career fields, to have on my side, to help me improve my life in specific aspects. Make more sense? I sure hope so.
My dream team is made up of 7 women. I knew I needed help with my mental/emotional health, my physical health, spiritual wellbeing, and general support. That said, after I identified my wants/needs, I went searching for women that had the qualities needed to ensure that I am my best self. The following women help make up my dream team:
- my mom, mimi
- my therapist, kelly
- my psychiatrist, nathalie
- my personal trainer/nutritionist, bailey | read more about that here
- my spiritual partner, celina
- my best friend, christine
- a big sister type of role model, madeline
These women (you can have any gender you want, I just chose to work with females) are very…
- loving + caring
- dedicated to helping me succeed in life <– most important!
This is important! In order to form your very own dream team, you have to find people who not only know a lot about something specific/something you’re wanting to learn more about but also very dedicated to helping you be the best version of yourself! To help you form your very own dream team, follow the steps below —
1 | indentify you, your wants + needs
Yes. In order to form a team, you need to do the following:
- identify your goals in life (short term + long term)
- identify your personal values
- identify the things you need/want help with in life
- health (emotional, mental, or physical)
- figure out your personality | take some tests here
2 | do some quality and thorough research
This is super important, ya’ll! In order to have the perfect dream team, you must be willing to be patient and thorough. Do not rush this step, because if you do, you may end up with people you don’t like/vibe well with. Take into account that you will be communicating with these people on a regular basis, so you must be able to communicate honestly (and willingly) with them.
To help you with this step, here are some websites that will help you out (or email me too!):
3 | find, locate, and meet these people
Duh, right? Lol. Schedule appointments or meetups with these individuals to determine whether or not you think they will be a good fit for you and your needs. Be sure to be honest with yourself; if the vibe/mood feels off, trust your gut and do not proceed. Like I have said, you want to be sure you have quality and awesome people by your side, so make sure you are honest with yourself AND picky! You will thank yourself (and me😉) later. Promise! Also, you will want to communicate with the, everything you want out of them/your time with them — gotta be sure everybody is on the same page, of course!
4 | start working with them to build your best life
YAS! Once you have carefully chosen the people you want to be a part of your very own dream team, start working with them asap. This could look like…
- scheduling weekly appointments with your trainer
- visiting your doctor on a regular basis
- meal prepping with your nutritionist every monday afternoon at your house
- getting your nails done with your mom every two weeks (at the same time and same place)
- scheduling weekly calls with a life coach
- making appointments with a therapist
- studying the Bible every Sunday night with your spiritual partner/leader/coach
- meeting with your bestie regularly/weekly for coffee
Doing this will help you become the best version of yourself. How? Why? Simple — having [people in your corner that you know, love, and trust is a must. Add seeing them regularly to the list and you have yourself the ultimate dream team! Yay!
sharing is caring! share this post on pinterest using two of the pinnable pins above xx
Do you have a dream team? If so, tell me in the comment section below!
Thanks for reading, lovelies! Love to you all and happy dream team building. G0od luck!